5.6.09

My Book Of Shadows!

Hello everybody! Did you miss me? I am sorry i have n't posted for a while something that had n't to do with child abuse! What an adventure though! With all that going on i forgot to mention that i bought a new book of shadows! My previous one was very pretty, a beautiful notebook, small, but cute! I wanted to make one to pass on to my children for a long time! So i visited Istar a new occult shop, which i fell in love with and there it was! It called out to me! It costed 50 euros and it is handmade, decorated with leaves and a triquetra and it has about 150 pages! I love it! I made an entry with a spell of initiation, which i think suits the first page. And the second page i filled it with information about the Box of Ashes, that i already told you about! I decided that i will not divide it into issues like spells, potions, divination etc. I think the Book of Shadows is meant to be a part of a witch's life. It grows as she grows and it follows the needs of her. So i guess it is going to be a mess, because i am a mess! But that's okay! I also want to decorate the entries i make with pictures! But i can not draw!And that is an understatement! I am awful! I hope i will have a child one day that can draw so the book will be beautiful. I tried to make a pentacle in the first page but do not worry i used a pencil!
I also have some new crystalls that i am waiting till Sunday to charge! A new Esbat is coming! Do you have the feeling that time flies and we are just trying to catch on? It has been a month since the last full moon and it felt like a second! So i am going to celebrate this Esbat the best i can! Last month my plans were destroyed by a huge fight with P. But it was tough astrological for almost everybody, Mercury retrograde, Full moon in Scorpio.. What did you expect? Sanity? Not in this house!
I also made an Esthir! It is a potion (more like a cream) that brings lust! I have a friend that she was feeling selfconscious lately and i made it for her! I tried it on me also! That was fun! P. loved it! I definitely loved it! I tried it on an other friend and she got a date and some good comments! Now we will have to wait and see how it will work on the person that i made it for!
Blessings to all of you, my beautiful, beautiful friends!

2 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

If you don't feel comfortable drawing in your book, don't forget about stickers and scrapbook type things and making collages! When I started my book, I did not feel like I could draw anything worthy of the pages, so I used lots of Halloween stickers and I think they came out really cute :O)

Soraya said...

Thanks so much for the compliment on my wand :)
You BOS sounds beautiful. I, too, and attempting to decorated mine with pictures but it's a little sloppy because I attempted to do calligraphy... and that didnt work too well. Pictures though... as long as I have something to go off of... then I'm alright. :-p
Congrats on your book :)