6.10.09

Book of Shadows and herbs.

Merry meet to all the ladies and lords of Blogland. Today i am in a much better physical shape. I can walk. I do n't cough so much anymore, i do not feel tired all the time, but the best thing of all is i sang today. My voice was gone for so long and i missed it so bad. I sang two arias, not very good, but still i can sing again. I do not think i appreciate my voice enough. It brings me so much pleasure, it alters my state of consciousness, it helps me cope when i have to and it relaxes me.I have to remember that, and cherish it.
On a more witchy kind of note, there is something i have been postponing for way too long, writing down on my BOS the most important herbs in my craft. I have been avoiding it mostly because it is time consuming but also because i am afraid i will forget something.I will not keep them in an alphabetical order so i can work on this "chapter" for a while and add whatever i want to in the process.
Although, i strongly believe in having real books as BOS, it is difficult to add or change something on them. But they worth it. Every time i see my BOS i feel a rush of power, just like my box of ashes. The rest of my tools are n't as important. My athame, my bell they can all be replaced. But my BOS and my box of ashes are staying in the family, hopefully long after i am gone! So i have to do it properly without mistakes. Of course, the book is growing as i am growing but i still feel i should be really careful. Have you written down your most important herbs and their correspondences on your BOS? Have you categorised them?

10 comments:

Soraya said...

I haven't done Herbs, but I've done animal associations and such. and unfortunately i'm in the issue of being unable to add to it. I'm dying to keep it organized and such. i'm proud of whats in mine though. I did a good job on it :)

Bridgett said...

My BoS is something I've been putting off as well. I'm just not sure what type of book I want to use, what inks, what type of paper, etc.

I want it to be perfect.

So glad you're feeling better!

)O(
boo

Rue said...

I'm not too disciplined on writing in my BOS. It's turned into a 'catch-all' file. I really do need to clean it up!

Sharon Day said...

I admit in my BOS I had an opening page that listed the elements from colors of candles to crystals to herbs and oils and I put next to each the page number where it was used in a spell. Everyone has their own way of organizing that works for them. I had a friend who put tabs on the pages that listed the name of the spell to make them quick to find. Good luck. Sounds like you're very focused. I'm so glad you're feeling better!

KeKe said...

Hello~Glad to hear you are feeling better!!
I've kept a book in the past of different herbs and their purposes, but nothing pertaining to "spells"....Is that what you do?

Shadow said...

no i haven't. wanted to. meant to. but haven't got around to it. talking about shadows, how's your little shadow doing??? oh, and the pleasure of doing something one couldn't for a while... sing, sing, sing sweet one!

Antoinette said...

Good to hear that you're feeling better!

Your BOS sounds lovely - I have various writings on herbs and bits and bobs gathered into various journals. It is a bit of a thrill to gaze upon these creations isn't it?

Living Dees Life said...

Hi! I found you through Mejis' blog...

I have a BOS of sorts... I have a 3 ring binder with a zipper that is lockable. I keep my most important things in there... Then, everything else, my hodgepodge of notes, etc are kept in other plain 3 ring binders organized by topic.

I am not as crafty as lot of people so I havn't and probably wont physically create what most would consider a "book of shadows"... I think that as long as it feels great to you, go for it!

Living Dees Life said...

i added 2 "follow" buttons. one is the googlefriend connect and the other is the addto google reader button... i hope that helps!

Unknown said...

welcome my friend...I wondered what was keeping you....