26.9.15

Back pain rant

Greetings blogfriends!  I am having a bad week pain wise.  I just have to realize I am not Superwoman and I will be okay.  This happened because I cleaned up the closets full of baby stuff. Those of you that had toddlers know the clutter that one tiny person can accommodate.  They are like small and cute hoarders.  Her room is officially uncluttered and fully organized and I am trying really hard to maintain my sanity.  The pain doesn't allow me a moment of relief and the endorphins sometimes make me dizzy and tired. Have I mentioned before that I still haven't checked my back out because I am afraid of doctors and hospitals? Yes, I am mature that way. I am not able to focus enough to write this post.  It could turn out completely incoherent.  If so forgive me. Make a wish of relief for me! Lots and lots of love!

8 comments:

Shadow said...

Oh gosh, many wishes of relief heading your way... Love an hugs

mxtodis123 said...

So sorry to hear you are in pain. Having gone through it off and on for 40 years now, I know exactly how you feel. I've gotten so used to it now that it is pretty much a part of my life...not something I am happy about. You are very much like me. We hate to admit that we are not Superwoman. Even today I tend to carry bags which are far too heavy and strain my back. It's just that I am so darn independent and hate to ask for help.

Like you it took me many years to seek doctors help. Just as scared as you. Well, when I did 30 years they discovered that an old backwards fall I had in my late teens had actually caused a hairline fracture of the spine that the small town hospital didn't pick up. Arthritis had set in where it hadn't healed properly.

My doctor told me not to sleep on my back or stomach as it presses against the spine. Sleep on your side in a fetal position. Heating pads help as well. And, above all, don't sit too long. It's stiffens the back and causes more pain. Move about as much as you can.

Feel better soon.
Mary

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wishing you speedy relief -- back pain, begone!

angela said...

Sending you lots of soft hugs. It's a mum thing to over do. Rest when you can. feel better soon xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I wish you speeding healing, I'm just recovering from a sore back,, it is not fun a all,

Magaly Guerrero said...

First of all, have your back checked, love. Even if it's scary. You don't want to do something to it that turns out irreversible.

Small ones come to the world with a messy clause--it never goes away. Enjoy the hour or two (even five, once they get to school) of clean home, but after that... just know that the house will never remain in the same shape again. But the hugs make up for all of it.

*sending healing thoughts and many hugs*

Gia said...

Ugh, sorry to hear that! How do you feel about chiropractors? They're only like HALF doctors. Some of my coworkers have had great luck with them..

AiringMyLaundry said...

Oh no, I'm sorry you're in pain. I hope you feel better.