14.9.15

First haircut magic!

A lock of golden hair, firstly clipped under a New Moon and a Solar Eclipse nonetheless. My fairy princess got her first haircut by Mommy yesterday.  What you see is most of the cut hair on a post it.
I always cut my hair on a New Moon and an Eclipse always makes the New Moon even more powerful,  so I thought this was a great time for her first haircut, although she didn't really need one, hence the tiny lock!
 First cut baby hair are often used in fertility magic and they also make powerful amulets to ward off evil. I will give it to her one day, along with a piece of her first blooded underwear, as my mother did to me(although for the life of me, I can't remember the spell I used them in!). Needless to say that she gave them to me when I turned 16 and I used them a few days later, month tops! I loved practicing magic and I had no patience whatsoever. 
Brightest blessings to all of you beautiful people!

8 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

what a great tradition!

mxtodis123 said...

Love that tradition. The first haircut is always special, but this even makes it more special.
Mary

mxtodis123 said...

Love that tradition. The first haircut is always special, but this even makes it more special.
Mary

angela said...

A wonderful tradition.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A special keepsake for an awesome tradition!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I love magic that makes sense: the power of a lock of hair from a child's virgin mane... the blood that tells a girl that she is now a woman... Such beautiful magic.

Shadow said...

A wonderful gift to give her one day...

AiringMyLaundry said...

Lovely.

In response to your note: I think all I did was read books about potty training and hope for the best. It took a while. I think I had to wait until THEY wanted to use the potty. There was no getting them to do it before they wanted to.