26.8.09

Learning from a fighter.

I just returned home. I took the dove to the vet and it was in a very bad shape so he could not do anything and he send me to anima(wild life protection service) and they said that she was going to live but she will not be able to fly. But that is okay because they have a place for handycap birds apparently. But i told them that i do not have a problem taking it back home when she is healthy again and they will call me. I am so calmer right now. I left home bright and early and i did not even drink a cup of coffee. I am releaved that she is going to be fine, but i will miss her. I only kept her home for less than a day but she has a quality that stuck with me. She is a fighter, proud and fearless. Whenever i tried picking her up she bit me. She did not surrender either to me or to that cat that was attacking her despite her broken wing and multible wounds. I feel that she entered my life for a reason. This was a sign not to be ignored. Her power inspired me. Yesterday i have been thinking of how animals come into my life and heart when i need them and they help me get through difficulties. Usually it is a cat that approaches me but this time it was a dove.
I have a strong connection to animals for as long as i can remember myself. I do not "have" totem animals, but in every significant beginning or end a cat has come into my home(and once one came into my bed. I woke up and he was sleeping with his head on my pillow. He was white and he had the attitude of a king. So i named him Prince.) Of course there have been turtles, many birds(other doves,ducks, unidentified species etc)and dogs but cats always had an obvious message for me. This is the first time i feel a significance of that sort for a bird.
Lately i have been thinking of writing a book. My inner demons were holding me back but i think i am ready. Thanks to her.
Brightest blessings.

8 comments:

SharkGirl said...

i think it's so amazing you rescued that dove. almost like a sign or something! be safe xxxx

magikalseasons said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I think your dove was a messenger. Only you can know the true meaning. One universal meaning is peace. We all could use more of that in our life. Peace and quite, Peace of mind. :) Becca

Shadow said...

i'd be very interesting in the meaning the animals that come into our lives hold, if you'd care to share it?! or is it personal to one person, rather than universal??

Sharon Day said...

I'm so thrilled she'll be okay. Sounds like either the wildlife place or with you, that bird is getting a life it wouldn't have had. I've heard stories of abused dogs that still love and trust humans and it humbles me. Animals are very special. Perhaps your encounter with the bird had more to do with you finding something more important than any worries or anxieties and pushing past that to do what needed to be done and take care of this living thing. It might have been a sign that you're in a place where you can overcome anxiety to give to those who aren't as strong as you are. It could also be a subtle sign to caretake yourself as well as others and feel compassion for your own "broken wings" (we all have those broken wings that keep us from soaring). What a beautiful heart you have, don't even try to hold it back.

Bitsa Lit said...

That is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with all of us and thanks for still following my blog!
Its funny, whenever something significant happens in our lives, there always seems to be an animal somewhere in the picture...for me it was adopting a racing greyhound that would have been killed. Better friend I couldnt ask for.
I look forward to reading your book some day!!

Blessings :)

sage said...

I hope she heals very quickly!

Bridgett said...

So glad your birdy is going to be okay! Very good news.

)O(
boo

Shadow said...

animal and me... well, we like one another, if i can say it simply like that. i too have had cats, during a time when i was fiercely independant, dogs that were needy when i needed to feel the comfort of taking care of another, my pointer saved my life protecting me from 2 people breaking into our house when i was home alone, and the small fluffy one that's my playful side... we also had an owl living in our front tree for a few months, and although everyone said that's a bad omen, it was in fact a very tranquil time in my life. so yes, there's something...