1.4.09

April the first

Did you know that all fools day has celtic roots? The Celts were great fisherman and the beginning of fishing season was April the 1st. But no matter how good they were it is hard to catch a lot of fishes this early. So when they returned home they lied about their accomplishments and it sort of became a tradition. Many think that this is the way it all begun. So be careful and don't get fooled.
Yesterday and today i really feel spring is actually here. Trees and flowers are blossoming, the weather is great, even the birds outside my window are making happy noises. And although i did n't make it to the beach i ended up having a great road trip along with my beautiful dog and a nice night with my best friend. Thank you for all your support. It made a huge difference.
First thing in the morning a friend spreaded holy water over my house, and this evening i am going to have a ritual to welcome the new month. I hope it brings prosperity to all of us.

3 comments:

Mhairead said...

Sounds like you had a great day, I like the idea of a ritual for the first and no I didn't know that about the fisherman, it makes total sense though! would love to see some pictures of your beach, it sounds a lot warmer, and more exotic, than my Scottish coastline here. Blessings

Tara Maya said...

I hadn't heard of the fishing tradition. That's interesting! It's a good reminder to laugh at ourselves and the absurdity of the world, I think.

The Witches Room said...

Hello there! I noticed you left a comment on my blog and I wanted to say thanks. I love to network with fellow witches and pagans. I hope to see you at my blog on a regular basis and I look forward to reading more of your posts. Blessings!