4.4.09

What makes me pagan..

This is a response to a new blog : paganprompts.blogspot.com, that you should check out.
What makes me pagan? I guess the most distinctive characteristic of my pagan path is the way i connect with nature. You probably expected me to speak about magick, or Wicca, or even my psychic practice. Although all those things define me and are huge aspects of my life, they are n't the most important pieces of my pagan path. The way of cycles of nature, my goddess,the wind, the trees, the rain, the dance of flowers under the touch of wind, the smell of grass, a raindrop on my finger are the most obvious faces of Magick. That is the way i truly connect.
Once around the age of 16, long before i considered my self Wiccan, i was very upset. I was bursting to tears, soaking into grief, and i was feeling really alone in this world. I had tons of friends, a big family that cared for me, but i was so lonesome, no one could understand me. I was running through my neighborhood streets like crazy trying to find a place that i could hide. I found a rosemary bush and i cut a branch, then went somewhere no one could see me and i burnt it with a lighter that i had in my pocket, while i was asking for guidance from my dead grandmother( one that i never had a chance to meet). This wasn't a family ritual, it was more like a need. I am not a medium, but right then i felt her presense helping me, hugging me, guiding me. What i am saying is i was n't always Wiccan but i have always been pagan. I think that you can be pagan without altars, books of shadows. You can be pagan even if you are christian, because paganism is the way our heart connects with the divine through nature.

4 comments:

KeKe said...

I've always been very into nature. And natural lving has been tugging at me for years...I am finally listening to it...to her...

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by the new blog. I loved your response - Pagan Christians do exist (my good friend is one), and you did a fine job explaining!

Glad to have you here, hope to see you 'round next week!

Hibiscus Moon said...

Thanks for the link to that blog. What a great idea and sometimes, mcuh needed.

Wonderful post.

JayJay said...

very well said