15.9.09

Please forgive me for another Autumn post!


The window is open in front of me. The rain has stopped a couple of hours ago but the smell of the wet ground is so intense, that it makes me close my eyes just to have the full effect. Something truly amazing happened to me the day before yesterday. In the face of total disaster i did not freeze in panic, i did not collapse under the pain. I trusted that everything is going to work out and i did not try to hide away from the pain but to embrasse it. After a while the situation resolved itself by its own. And now i am free to soak into the beauty of the early fall and allow my senses to reach out to it. It seems like everything is getting cleansed along with Nature. Even my thoughts. It used to upset me that i had no pagan friends in Athens. Now i understand that when the time is right the opportunity will present itself. I was so afraid of my dark side. Today, after i realised Phoebe has peed all over my freshly cleaned sofa i let the anger flow through me. I realised that surpressing it did not do me much good so i let go. I am still not talking to Phoebe(even though she looks at me with her puppy eyes-do dogs ever lose that ability?- and she puts her face under her paws), but it is just because she has to learn not to pee on the fricking furniture! See? My dark side is free to have as many outbursts as needed.
What is it that makes Fall so special? Is it geological? Does it have to do with temperature? Whatever it is it fills me with a sensation that i can only imagine is similar to taking drugs, although i have never felt this good after consuming alcohol...This time of the year i am always like that, peaceful, calm but at the same time alert. Thank the Goddess and the God for the amazing gift that Autumn is, that humanity is, that life is.
Brightest blessings to all of you my blog friends. Have a beautiful and magickal week and do not forget to notice Her Beauty.

8 comments:

Sharon Day said...

You're evolving and embracing the unpredictability of the world. No more controlling, just accepting. What is done is done, what is simply is. I'm sure when you're ready, you'll find lots of secret pagans in Athens. It's probably the biggest growing practice anywhere of all the religions. I think people have realized that we've come full circle to have to face our dependence on the Earth and revere it. I agree about Autumn. I like to think of it as the cool drink of water after the hot days of summer and springtime is the warm tea after a cold winter's stay. Soak it up for me, it's still 100 degrees Fahrenheit here and no rain for weeks and none probably until November.

Shadow said...

in autumn is feel as sense of anticipation. why i don't know but i do...

Bitsa Lit said...

Puppy eyes...so cute... but evil arent they!? I know how you feel. When I got my dog he peed on anything horozontal and really anything vertical as well lol! Its true though, you have to let the dark side out sometimes, its all about balence and who knows...you might actually enjoy being evil once in a while! :P

Its turning into fall here too and the leaves are all blood red! so beautiful!
Enjoy all the colors..and the puppy pee. Some day youll look back on it and laugh! :)

Bridgett said...

We all have that dark side. Embrace it. As long as you're harming none, that's what matters.

And your doggy does need some manners, it seems. LOL

I understand how you feel about autumn though because my feelings are quite similar. No other time during the year to I feel more alive.

)O(
boo

ξι said...

That was a fantastic post! Especially the last paragraph...
Bueno, have a nice Autumn, too, and enjoy it as much as you can :)
ξ.

Soraya said...

I hope that I am well enough to go up to the mountains to actually experience Autumn. Down here in Florida we have Two Seasons, Summer and Spring. Autumn, unfortunately, does not exist. So, I'm hoping that everything turns out ok soon. :) I want to see the leaves change, and actually experience a nice change in the weather.
I'm glad that You're able to embrace Autumn over there.
And as for the Dark side, there's cookies over here, You're welcome to come and go as you please :-p

Unknown said...

Oh honey I know exactly what it is like to have your dog pee on your freshly cleaned couch! I spent over an hour steam cleaning my carpets yesterday and before they were even dry my dog peed all over them!!! I was so angry I cried!

Antoinette said...

Isn't Autumn sublime? Although I'm revelling in Sping in my part of the world, Autumn is a season I always embrace with open arms.
And I say embrace the Dark Side! hehe...