14.6.10

An exercise post(weird huh?)

Greetings blogfriends. It is a wonderful day. The sun is shining. Everything is screaming to me:Go to the beach. Skip your class. Have fun.
But i won't. I will go to my class, study, sing and then i will work. And then study some more. I am not nagging. I am writing all this with a smile. Because in a week i will not have to work as hard. The wedding will be over. My exams will be over. And i will have more "fun" time. I can't wait!
I have to admit though that this year i have n't pushed myself as hard as usual. I could, but i did n't. I did n't stress over my exams, or what should i wear at my civil wedding, or other stupid things like that. Greekwitch 1- Stress 0! Yeih me!
As i already told you there are many things that helped me fight stress. But i think i forgot to mention exrcise.Have i told you i started kick boxing? I do not go to a gym. I work out at my home. I used to kick box in the past and now i am trying to remember the moves and find my groove back. It is so much fun. Especially to fight with other people(not full force of course!). I do not believe it is an "un-wiccan" activity. I have only hurt myself by mistake. What do you think about it? Do you work out? What do you like to do?

8 comments:

Diandra said...

Being one of the least sportive persons on the planet, I have come to appreciate weight training and jogging and swimming to increase my mental and physical health. Currently I am experimenting with the schedule - from "jogging in the morning and weight training in the evening" I have reduced it to "jogging and weight training alternately in the morning", so I may have more time for writing after work. This means, I get up an hour early to get enough exercise. Woohoo me!

A colleague drags me to the pool once a week, in addition. I find it makes me less nervous and puts me in a better mood.

Judy said...

You're not fighting other people (even in fun)...you are exercising and enjoying the movement of your body...nothing un-wiccan about that...

Rue said...

I think the discipline required to do any martial arts activities is very conducive to witchcraft. Martial arts are very much about defence rather than causing harm.

I'm a wanderer by nature. So I wander with my exercise too. I like yoga, golf, walking, belly dancing, hiking and whatever else I feel like trying.

Glad you are winning the battle with stress!

Changing Girl said...

I think it is wonderful:-) There are Wiccans in the Armed Forces, and they hurt of keeps, not that they necessarily want to hurt or kill of course, but I digress... You doing this for exercise and even if you "fight" someone else, it is done in good faith and thus still good.

Tavin said...

I think we should be "work-out partners per say...you know inspire each other.

Lyn said...

I'm not very disciplined with exercise - I just never have been 'into it'. I do yoga a few times a week and I do like to walk. Walking combines everything for me - exercise, a chance to get some fresh air, see different scenery and if I'm not being hounded by kids I can even get my camera out!

SunTiger said...

Gardening ... digging holes, filling them with plants (my favorite exercise because it's so zen). :-D

I've done all sorts of exercise in the past ... yoga was probably my favorite occupation at the gym. Now I just greet the East each morning with stretches ... being a woman of a certain age I feel it's better to not push the body quite so hard as I've always done previously.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Running and dancing are my favorite exercises. Like you, I refuse to go to the gym. I will not pay for something I can do myself for free, call me cheap or careful, you choose your "c".

Kick boxing sounds so cool!