18.11.15

Our love story

On November 13 2003 me and my wonderful husband kissed for the very first time after a nerve wrecking  two month period of will they- won't they...  We were hesitant because he was flirting that Summer with my best friend at the time and I had a fling with his and it felt so wrong and right(there is an awful pop song in there somewhere!).  But then on that night we couldn't hold it in anymore, he kissed me and the world was immediately dressed into golden colors. It was late so we had to go home but right when I was turning the key in my door I received a text saying I love you and he got one from me saying me too. The very next day we changed our plans of going away to study and a year later we moved in together.
For our anniversary he gave me this pretty miniature unicorn which I loved and I gave him the money to buy a new cell phone ( thinking that when all your money are pulled together it makes gift giving kind of hard-cough cough- and this is what he wanted the most...hey stop judging me!).
 For obvious reasons it didn't felt right to share this story with you on time.  But a new blogfriend who has her birthday on that particular day and felt the same way convinced me through her post to share the beauty, the love and the happiness. 
Be blessed,  be loved and be in love!

13 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

What a great story and special gift. I adore that unicorn. Hey, I give money as a gift, too. That way hubby can get what he wants. I gave up buying gifts for him years ago.
Mary

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love a good LOVE STORY! And what a cute unicorn!

Leanna said...

Awwwwww, that's such a sweet love story. It's so hard to believe that so much time has passed since that first kiss. Am I right? I still remember mine with David and it's been 13 years. So hard to believe.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary, dear Georgina!

The best gifts are those we give with Knowing... So I'm judging you brilliant.

Toni said...

Great story and I love the unicorn. I have to admit, I'd love to gift my husband some cash and have him buy something he'd really, really love. He won't. He'd deposit it and pay bills. He's an awesomely creative guy until it comes to money. I guess being the oldest of 10 kids made him very conscious of spending!

BB said...

I'm so glad you posted this story. It's lovely. What you don't know about me yet is that I was married for 23 years to my soulmate and love of my life. He passed away 10 years ago. We got married 6 weeks after our first date. We just knew. I wish you both the same happiness and love that I had!

angela said...

Happy anniversary. What a great story. One for the grandkids xxx

Magic Love Crow said...

Awwww, Happy anniversary! So special!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story and lovely love token. I'm a fan of monetary gifts as well, that way I don't wind up giving him something he hates.
Happy anniversary to you both!

Sunshineshelle said...

Magic moments from meeting to unicorn love it :)

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful unicorn and story, thanks for sharing!

Shadow said...

How sweet your love story. Thank you for sharing it with me.

Maria said...

Such a lovely story xx