8.11.15

Chronic pain and strength

Helloooooo blogfriends!!!  Today I am having a bad back day, but it was so worth it.  Yesterday I had a dance party with a girlfriend.  When my husband was at work (otherwise would be too embarrassing), we danced in frenzy. Every single thing we could think of for 3 hours straight.  We even macarenaed. I haven't acted so goofy in years, it was exhilarating. It was so funny, because my daughter was here and she kept watching us with concern and disbelief . What is wrong with mommy? Why is she listening to that music? I usually listen to pre- classical music so who can blame her. I knew yesterday that the pain would come in breath taking waves but I wanted to feel free for once of the self preserving thought that now comes with every single move I make. It was wonderful. There is power surge in letting loose. 
 Chronic pain can re shape our form of thought in a significant way. But, this past week I watched a video in YouTube with a person who became totally paralyzed from the neck down and his strength of spirit was amazing.  Life affirming thoughts have filled my mind ever since and I am ever so grateful for my beautiful life!
 Be loved, be blessed and be free!

6 comments:

Leanna said...

Hey, we have to take time to dance when we feel great. Pain be damned. I have been going strong for six days now and I have the strangest feeling that tomorrow is going to be the day I fall back into my pain coffin. I haven't had any sleep for two days either. Insomnia is kicking my butt, but I have an incredible energy flow right now so I am going to take full advantage while I can. ;)

Magaly Guerrero said...

We can't let the pain run our lives. So dance on! ♥

Toni said...

Dancing is glorious. Some of us have chronic pain, might as well dance. If we are going to hurt anyway we might as well feel the music and move, move, move!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Dance on, Blithe Spirit!

angela said...

Sorry about the pain but so happy you had a great time. Yes. Sometimes we have to just say. I don't care about tomorrow. Today I'm going to be me! And that is a very good healthy thing to do xxxx

Grammy said...

I am so glad you had the joy of dancing and fun. I wish I could wish your pain away. But moist heat will be your best friend for years to come. I have spent many days with back pain too. Wish there was a cure. But there is hope. Like you saw in the video. Other people live on in way more limited ways. But I wish you well.
Hugs from the other side of the big pond.