3.8.15

Loss

Greetings blogfriends. These days are hard. Friday night we lost a very beloved uncle of a heart attack.  It was extremely sudden since he was only 57 and had no health issues at all. He had a recent check up and everything was fine.  He was my husband's uncle and the father of one of my favorite people in the world, a young witch that I consider a sister. My heart breaks for her.
These last couple of weeks I had very often bad feelings, as a premonition that was not coming, that left me shivering in the middle of the Greek summer.  During one of those times I told my husband " we will see your parents ". But I shook of the overwhelming sensation thinking it might be a complicated meeting that would make him sad. But the feeling came over and over again.
Ever since we got the news, we got overwhelmed by pain and everything paused. We weren't the best parents for our little one and she felt something was wrong.  So last night although the Sabbat was gone I wanted to mark the day and make a wreath for our front door as well as bake a cake in honor of the harvest. So, as the sun was setting we got in the car and drove in order to pick up a few flowers, came home and made these two.


Immediately the energy shifted and the little witchling was more at ease and so were we. Be blessed,  be loved and be magical!

8 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

so sorry to hear this. i hope you all heal soon.

mxtodis123 said...

I am so very sorry about your loss. Sending healing thoughts and prayers.
Mary

Leanna said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear this bad news. No one can ever say that they are prepared for a sudden death of a loved one. It is a sad thing to go through.
My dad died suddenly 16 years ago and it hit the family really hard. I thank the Goddess that he went in his sleep, hopefully without pain.
I hope things change for the better for your family. I was thinking about you this past weekend and was hoping you would have a blog entry. I do worry about you since the money problems with Greece. I hope your back is doing better.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angela said...

So very sorry for your loss. I'm glad your little one is now feeling better. Your not bad parents. You were just preoccupied. These things all teach our children to deal with a range of emotions. And that's a good thing sending you love and peace from across the seas xxx

Lola Enchanted said...

so sorry for your loss! sending you prayers, good juju, and hugs!!

Magaly Guerrero said...

My condolences to your witchy friend and you as well. The loss of a loved one always takes something from us...

I'm glad the ritual brought some peace. ♥

Autumn said...

Oh, sweetie. I'm sorry for your loss. May he be at peace and may you and your family find peace as well. Death is always difficult for those of us who are left to live on without that loved one. *hugs and light*

-Autumn-