25.7.14

Pot pouri post, or the one with the cock roach!

My dreams come as warnings for me. Which may be unpleasant at times and definitely affects my sleep but it can really be useful. Yesterday we had to go and pick up my mom from her house to run some chores. My father to which i am not speaking to came down to see the baby. Which could have been sweet if he had tried to fix what he did, but in this eight months i cut the chord he  tried calling twice and that was last month after bad mouthing me to everyone we know. As always what he did, was aggressive and towards granting his own desires, while disregarding everyone else's feelings. The thing is that if i was not mentally prepared for it i would have automatically turned into the scared little girl he used to terrify, but in my dreams i was warned and i was completely cool and kept it together. That is only because two nights ago, i saw we would meet in their house in a dream. Those two times he called the night before i saw him in my sleep yelling at me. Both times! But, seeing how much better i can control the situation i am grateful for every single nightmare i ever had.
That being said, we had a situation in my home. A huge cockroach flied(yes, that's right, flied!) in our bedroom and hid behind our closets and became unreachable. So, naturally, i could not sleep in there and made my husband take the mattress out in the living room where we slept two nights in the row. The first night we sprayed everything with something that allegedly kills cockroaches, closed the door and never looked back. Yesterday, the cockroach came out of hiding and  Petros managed to capture it under a glass vase. The cockroach looked happy and healthy, minus the entrapment, hence those bug killers do not work. We almost used the entire canister and it did not kill one single roach. Anyway, after capturing it, the issue of what  we are going to do with it surfaced. We both debated pros and cons of killing the ugly thing, but we could not do it. Although it was huge, the kind that in certain areas of Asia  is considered a delicacy, when we looked at it , in the vase, it did not look either disgusting, or scary and we felt sorry for it. So, we let it go. Probably, not the best decision of our lives, but what is done is done. Have you ever seen a huge cockroach? Ewww! We are still worried it might had layed eggs behind the closet, but we are hoping it was a male roach that always wore a condom.
So, tonight, after airing the room for one entire night, we will once again sleep in our bedroom, although sleeping on the mattress, on the floor was kind of fun and weirdly enough, a bit better for my back.
Tonight, is the first night of the new moon and there are a lot to be done. Two cleansing spells, a protection ritual, the blessing of two amulets for two clients and i hope i can take a magical cleansing bath.
I am leaving you now to work out a bit and prepare to go to the zoo. We are regulars there, ever since we purchased year passes and  there we all have so much fun!
Ps. i understand that my last post sounded a bit like goodbye, but it was not meant to as such and i have no intention to stop blogging. So, you are stuck with me!

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cockroaches will survive a nuclear blast, they say, so a can of Raid isn't going to slow them down LOL! I hope yours was wearing a condom too.

Norm said...

I have heard you can even leave them for a long time in a freezer and they will still live .

blessings Norm

mxtodis123 said...

When my friend and I moved to Miami,Florida, we found giant flying cockroaches overrunning the building we had chosen to stay in. Needless to say, we were out of there very quickly.
Mary

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I've been known, on occasion, to "joke" that I'm coming back as a roach!

Blessings.

Leanna said...

I don't think you can get this bug killer that we buy, but it's called Snyper. It comes in a powder form and you mix it with water according to directions. It kills all kinds of bugs and scorpions too. We use Snyper because the roaches here in Texas run in gangs and carry knives. We only have to spray every spring.

This is funny ... When we wake up in the morning we will find a dead roach or two on the laundry room floor in a puddle of dog pee. We never could find out who was doing the peeing on the dead bugs. Then one morning I caught The littlest of our dogs peeing on a roach. David said she was just making sure it was dead by drowning it.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm glad nightmares can be of some use.

By the way, I just imagined you and your husband looking at the roach and feeling sorry for it, lol! I've been there with spiders. I, too, hope it was a male who keeps safe sex in mind. ;-)

Shadow said...

Quite the eventful time you're having... Dreams, yes, I heed mine too, they have a way of telling me things...