1.9.13

Sleepless in Athens and an award!

Greetings blogfriends! How are you? I know i ve been gone for a while. It is n't because of the baby though. I have been kind of freaked and i could not write here. My thyroid is a bit out of order and i feel a bit more stress than usual(which is a lot!!!). The hormone imbalance does n't allow me much sleep and i get more and more frustrated. When i get into bed all the crazy thoughts enter my mind and when i manage to shut them out i still can't get some shut eye. It used to be a lot worse before my doctor changed the dosage of my thyroid medication and i used to obsess about a biopsy i will be doing soon. Now i understand no sleep plus hormones equals crazy lady roaming the house at middle of the night thinking of life insurance policies. Whoever said Leos are overdramatic was obviously mistaken..We are the coolest, most collected of people!
Melina Nefeli is growing like a weed! Everyday i have to put away clothes that are too small for her. She is 10 weeks old now. She says gala(oh well, it sounds more like gallgaea) which is greek for milk. We keep repeating it to her and i am pretty confident she will learn how to say Shut Uup next. Unlike her mom she is sleeping all night long. By the way, i did n't see that coming . The baby to be calm and quiet  and me giving new meaning to the word insomnia. Soon, my dosage will be once again changed and i will find solace into Orheus's arms.
Leanna passed on to me an award. If you do not know her yet, get over to her blog fast, she is the funniest woman alive! I have n't done an award in quite some time because i am very lazy, but tonight i felt like it. I was n't going to sleep so, what the hell?


By the rules, i have to tell you 7 things about me that i have n't shared with you in the past.
1. I am lucky enough to know my husband and my best friends since high school. One of them just moved to the Netherlands to study Arts and i do not know what i will do without her.
2. I am a compulsive reader. Even if i do not like a book i have to read it to the end. My favourite author is Marquez, his books have turned me autistic from time to time.
3. You all know i love plants, but when i was a child i used to hate the gardening chores my father used to give me. I did n't appreciate his garden either.
4. I do not like movies , i love watching tv shows. Whenever i have time i just love watching many episodes in a row. My sleepless nights were filled with teen wolf, drop dead diva and many others. I can't wait for the new season to begin.
5. My husband and i have completely different taste in music. That would not normally be a problem but we are both musicians, so there are a lot of disapproving looks going on. After 10 years of living together we are a lot more tolerant than we used to.
6. I get food fetishes.  I obsess over a food and keep making it over and over until i can't eat it any more. My current obssession is eggplant.
7.I am a recovering  sugar addict. It's been 10 hours since the last time, but it was n't my fault. Someone brought home a cake. I threw it away because i was doing so well. It has been a week. But i ate a couple of tablespoons. I am going to go cold turkey now. That means no honey either.
 And now to the fun part of the award. I have to pass it along to  7 bloggers. Here they are
1.Angela
2.hindustanka
3.Debra
4.danielle
5.lon
6.Rose
7.Mary.
They are all wonderful unique bloggers and they always manage to bring a smile to my face.
Have a blessed month,week and day!

6 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Thank you for the award. I've got thyroid issues as well. It seems with the lung biopsy I pushed that one aside and forget about it, but I have a cyst on my thyroid that they want to do a biopsy. My other thyroid issue is a hyperactivity and for that I take methimazole. I know what you mean about sleep issues. I also tend to get very hot and sweat, and rapid heartbeat which leads to a panic attack. A hyperactive thyroid makes everything work faster.
Mary

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You do indeed have a lovely blog! Thanks for passing it on to me. Since (as you noted in your comment on my blog) I recently posted it from another, I will simply thank you here again for it! Wishing you a good night's sleep tonight.

Hindustanka said...

Greekwitch, thanks for nominating me, it is first such award for me, and I am really honoured!
I hope your insomnia will go away soon, and health problems too. Sending healing blessings your side!

angela said...

So sorry to hear about your thyroid problems. Hopefully the get the dosage right and you get some rest, very happy to hear the bubs is at least sleeping. Thank you so much for the award, I'll do some thinking about the 7 things and write up my post.
Rest and take care of yourself. xxx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for giving me the award. I hope you are feeling better soon. I had a swollen lymph node for about 3 months that went away on its own right before my wisdom tooth became infected. I was going to go in for a biopsy, but they were too late in scheduling it. I had already had my wisdom teeth pulled. I don't think I'll get around to the blog post today, as I am feeling a little depressed and trying to write a memoir in a private document. I got some emotional healing to do and writing is the best way.

Leanna said...

Sweetie I hope you get things back to normal(your thyroid meds)as soon as possible.
Melina sounds like a wonderful baby. Sleeping all night long is a blessing for most new moms. Hopefully you will be joining her in sweet dreams.