5.3.13

Cakes and wiccanings

Greetings blogfriends. How are you my lovelies? I got my oomph back! Yesterday i even got my sorry ass to the pool after a long time and did 80 laps(which is  about 1,5kms since each lap is 18 meters, but i would n't trust my math if i were you!). Also, yesterday we saw our first 4d u/s of the baby(it is the orange one, the one the one where you can see characteristics). I put the pictures on the fridge and now every time we go to the kitchen we lose track of what we intended to do and why we originally went to the kitchen. I skipped two meals this way! So, to celebrate i made a blueberry cake with blueberry cream cheese frosting. This was the first time i made frosting(here in Greece we do not usually put icing on cakes, except for chocolate covered ones.It was very light, but it was still delicious! Here is my cake, minus two pieces!

I am trying to figure out now, some details about the baby's wiccaning. Small things, like the where and when and how many people, if any at  all. It is very easy to make decisions about everything that has to do with the ceremony. But when it comes to the festivities of it all, i am not sure. Should it be a family thing, or  a friend thing? In our summer house,  or in a restaurant? In the summer months or maybe on the Autumn Equinox, but what about the weather? At least i know i want to make for that occasion a strawberry cake with white chocolate drops and a strawberry cream cheese frosting. That's something i guess. I will get back to you on that issue with all the details very soon.

13 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it depends on how hot your apartment is. if it is below 60 degrees F it could probably sit out for a day. the best thing to do is to keep it in the refrigerator and cut the piece you want to eat and let it sit out for about an hour before you eat it! hope this helps!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

hahaha...you are too funny!

Leanna said...

The cake looks delicious. I love anything with cream cheese. That's my downfall I think.
For a wiccaning I would do it on the Equinox and make it a family and friends thing. The place will be up to you. What ever you think will accommodate everyone there.

Judy said...

Glad you are feeling better. Strawberry sounds great.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Clearly cakes are your specialty!

Shadow said...

isn't ooomph a wonderful thing. now how about a slice of that?!

Mother Moon said...

yummy looking cake...

angela said...

Th cake looks very yummy! I think a wiccaning in autumn out doors would be nice. But I'm sure whatever you decided it will be lovely

Anonymous said...

That cake sure does look tasty!

Leanna said...

Guess what? I nominated you for an award over at my blog. Come on over an get it darlin.
http://canwehaveanewwitchoursmelted.blogspot.com/

Grammy said...

Beautiful cake. I love how open you can be with the world around you. Here it is still in the closet for most. even though this nation is freedom of religion. I was married catholic and I am even treated like a vampire by people down here, If I even lay claim to still call my self one. The Christians see there way as the only way. I just stay silent. And respect all. I look forward to your wiccaning. I will be there in spirit. Muck love sent your way.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Any place you choose will be perfect, for your babe, your loving man, and those who mean something to you will be there. And she will receive the blessings of her many witchy aunties around the world ;-)

Dede said...

The cake looks so yummy and of course anything made with cream cheese has to be the bomb! How are you doing? Everything alright? It's been a while since you have posted...

(((HUGS)))