14.1.15

My Venus in Virgo

Do you feel it? We are in the middle of the winter, but i feel a quickening deep inside my soul. The Wheel is turning and i feel like a flower that holds out during the cold and darkness patiently waiting for what is to come. The warmth is just a breath away.
So,a pre-cleansing cleansing is in order! It is a pre-cleansing because the official cleansing will take place a bit later.(Who can say these two sentences 3 times fast?) It has to start with me.I have decided i want to get rid of a few things. Or better yet fix a few issues. As a new mother(i do not know if i still count as one) i tend to put myself last, although i had this bad habit way before i ever became pregnant. I want to organize a few aspects of my life and take better care of myself. I have come to realize that i really need a sleep schedule, if i ever want to have quality  of sleep. I also want to schedule small meals during the day and stop living of unbelievable amounts of coffee and one giga-meal when i finally sit down at night. It is easy to make excuses but the truth is if i can make time for everybody else i can make a little bit of time for myself too. And my Venus in Virgo has decided that the way to do it is through optimizing my time by organizing my ass off. I also have already made time for a bit of a daily meditation. This is how i found out i need to take better care of me, and if you think that it was quite obvious in the first place you misjudged and completely under evaluated  my ability of compartmentalizing. I am really good at that.
 After my latest meditation sessions, i am more grounded, more relaxed, stronger and i sleep better. I need to incorporate a few healthy habits in my life. Every year around this time, i always have a heavier load when it comes to work and i end up over stressed and very tired. This year i am going to break this vicious cycle and just let go. And yes, it sounds a bit controversial to let go by scheduling pretty much every aspect of my life, but this is the only way, i will remember my needs. Which means lists.. I love lists. Did i mention my Venus in Virgo?
I will share the specifics as soon as i have them, so you can laugh at my apparent ocd. Until then i leave you with many hugs, kisses and witchy blessings!
Mwah!

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Virgo's determination and follow-through will make this a success, I'm sure!

mxtodis123 said...

We women do tend to let ourselves go. Our mates, our children, they always take precedence. Not that we shouldn't take care of them, but we must find ways to allot time for ourselves as well. Sleep deprivation is one. Oh, how well I know that one...and the coffee? I lost count how many cups I used to have.

It took health issues to open my eyes to the care I was giving myself. That was no care at all. I ate what I wanted, when I wanted and paid for it in the end. Heck, if I burnout I am no good for anyone. Find that time to pamper yourself. You deserve it.
Mary

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i don't know what it is this year, maybe the lack of winter, but i am on a cleaning binge! i want to clean everything and throw as much out as i possibly can! i hope it lasts because i am getting things done!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I feel it, indeed! I knew it wasn't only me. Last night I gave in and dismantled my altar (everything is in the middle of my bedroom right now). My Piano Man will put some new shelves for me, I will rearrange things, and then to cleansing... I shall think of you and I smell the rosemary. ;-)