28.6.13

My Solstice baby is here

She is the most amazing creature i have ever set my eyes on. The softest thing i ever touched and her smell is divine. She was born on the Magic Cusp at 6.14pm with a ceasarean because after 12 hours of labour, two oxytocin bags and other drugs i can not remember, i  still was n't dialated at all, because of her position. But despite things not going as planned what is important is that i brought into the world a pink, healthy baby that weighed 3380kg.
 I on the other hand could be better.I returned from the hospital with a uti. My back is killing me, i can not walk,but i am getting better every day. I can't wait to be on my feet so i can enjoy her even more. Sleep deprivation plus hormones equals me crying over every little thing. Baby can't latch on my nipples, i cry. The amount of breastmilk i pump is little for her and the doctor says i should supplement, i cry. I freak out so badly, about every little thing that has to do with her. I am worried all the time. I am having great difficulty to center and find my balance. But then she sleeps on my chest and i watch her and i feel the happiest and fullest i have ever been.
While i was giving birth i asked of my husband to burn a piece of paper with a protective spell i wrote for her. Then while it was the full moon he did the first magical thing of his own. He thanked the Moon Goddess for us. He texted me that while i was in the hospital and i thought that this was the sweetest thing.
I hope your Solstice was a magical and powerful one full of fairy dust and love.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Isn't it exciting?? By magic cusp, do you mean the cusp between Gemini and Cancer? Will you post pictures?

Nar said...

Congratulations on your beautiful blessing :)

Leanna said...

OMG!! Many blessings of the Goddess to you and your husband on the birth of your little girl. I was hoping the reason you were not blogging was because of your daughter's birth.

I was very tired this afternoon and went to lie down for a while. My back has been bothering me since Tuesday last week. Then for some strange reason I just got up to check the blogs and saw yours was updated with a new post. I was so excited!

A Magic Cusp baby is such a blessing. She will be a special child indeed. Congratulations again my dear.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations my friend!!!

mxtodis123 said...

Congratulations on your special blessing. I remember the first day they put my son into my arms. It was such an unbelievable feeling. You are going to love motherhood.
Mary

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Welcome to the precious new one! Many congratulations to you and your husband. Blessings to you all!

Grammy said...

Joy and hugs! I am so happy for you. :) I would love to see photo's too. I send you loving peaceful wishes. To calm and know all is well and as it should be. Take a deep breath and enjoy your new love.

Unknown said...

Congrats! So glad she is here!

Hindustanka said...

So happy for you! Congratulations! A long waited event.. and finally she is here! you magical daughter :)
Sending all the bright blessings to you! Take care of yourself!

angela said...

Congratulations and welcome to the wee babe.
Crying is good, but just remember your body has gone through a traumatic experience, an operation, and your hormones are all over the place so be gentle with yourself. I breast feed for 15months the last three while pregnant with my second, and here is the magic tip. Relax! Drink plenty of fluids and offer the breast to baby often. She will get the hang of it ans so will you. I too could not express much but that is no indication of how much milk you have. If your using a bottle this will confuse the baby as they are two different technics of sucking. Just cuddle her lots and that will help bring in the milk. If after all this you have to bottle feed, well thats ok too. It's wrong to starve your baby, it's right to feed it any way you can. Lots of cuddles means you still bond. Well done you xxxx

Danni said...

Congratulations and many, many blessings on you, your husband and your precious little. I'm so happy to hear that she's here, safe and sound! <3

Farmer Jen said...

Congratulations to you & your husband! Welcome to your sweet baby girl! Her name? Your hormones will balance. Your worry will fade.