18.2.17

Like a therapist's couch

Greetings blogfriends. I hadn't written anything here in such a long time.  Sadly,  the reason of my hiatus was that Nefeli was sick for almost three months. She caught one cold after another, and because of all the cuddling I got them all too. It was so frustrating seeing her suffering like that. But we finally came out of it. In the meantime,  I injured myself while cleaning the house and I went through two months of back pain and I also injured a leg muscle. So, I was grounded I could not run, I went for physical therapy and got   some X rays and an mri.  I finally found out what I had. It turned out to be two different stenosis(-es?)and straightening of the lower back because of the pain, but the thing I dreaded and was the reason I was not checking my back out, my dad's autoimmune spinal disease which is hereditary, had nothing to do with my back pain.  It was such a relief to find out I didn't have that. But,  I got all better.  I am on my feet again I even went back to my kick box team. And because I missed the Sun I go up to the roof of our apartment building every day the Sun is out and I do my yoga. I lost a bit more weight which makes a total of 70 kilos(154 pounds) of loss. I tend to get surprised when I catch my glimpse on mirrors. I am almost the half of what I have been. I can't say I am used to the new me. And the weirdest thing is that there are instances I don't enjoy my slimmed face although I am still a little bit overweight.  I guess I am not entirely used to the new me.  Once again this cyber place acts for me as a therapist's couch.
As for our magical lives, I feel more connected than ever. I meditate daily. And sometimes my little witchling helps me in weaving our spells. Every night we cast a fresh spell to her dream catcher to be more effective.  Every time someone bangs a knee or a toe on a corner she casts a spell to make the pain go away.  And everytime there is a storm we go out on our balcony to cast a protective spell for our home utilising the extra energy.  On our magical celebrations we make wreaths. Almost daily we conjure Goddess's energy, we burn incense, chant and ring our bells. She takes most of her baths with essential oils and flower petals. And most of them are teas of lavender and chamomile.  We talk to the fairies and ask them to protect our flowers, animals and plants. To think of it there aren't many mundane moments in our lives.
Now I have to close this post and go take care of her!!

Sending you lots and lots of love!!

8 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I am very happy you are both doing better. You are back at kickboxing? How cool is that! I've been exercising a little, for a few weeks, but can't throw any kicks yet. :-D

angela said...

So glad your much better. Sounds like you and the little one have been busy little bees
Well done on th weight loss. May it stay lost xx

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad to hear that you and Nefeli are both healthy again! She sounds so sweet, learning how to do spellwork. And congrats to you -- I didn't realize you were losing so much weight. That's an awesome and difficult accomplishment so I take my hat off to you!

Diandra said...

Yay, you're getting better! Hope it stays this way for a while!

Sandra Cox said...

I'm so sorry to hear you've had to deal with this but very happy that you're better.
I used to take kick boxing classes! LOVED IT!
Take special care.

Magic Love Crow said...

I am sorry you have been through so much! I'm happy to hear you and Nefeli are better! I think it so special your little one is learning how to do spells and talk to the fairies! My friend, I didn't realize you had lost 154 pounds! I know you had lost a lot of weight, but I didn't realize how much! I am so proud of you!! You have kicked my butt in gear! Sending you and your family, so much love! Big Hugs!

Sandra Cox said...

Wishing you a warm, colorful day.
Hugs,

Sandra Cox said...

Hope you and Nefeli are still feeling great.