30.8.10

Ways of cleansing and an update...

Greetings blogfriends. Have you missed me? I sure missed you. It has been kind of crazy around here. But this is n't the reason i have been writing here. I felt a little unspiritual and uncentered and this took its toll on my body and mind. Step by step i am finding again the place where my soul is free.
As i have told you in the past i work at home, which means that my place has to look decent all the time. To achieve that, i have had help for quiet some time. Beside the fact that there are constantly strange people to my home, the people i choose to hang out with and those that work for me have to be open and positive. For the last couple of years the ladies i hired to clean my place were n't really positive. So me and P. decided to take a break from help. Since then we have been cleaning our asses off. It is a lot of work to take care of a home by its own, but to keep it always sparkly and tidy while juggling work is really..really hard. We have crazy schedules and there are times it feels impossible but we are patient because we are still adjusting to the new situation. On the other hand, the vibes of the places are remarkable. So what if we are constatly tired? We will get used to that. I think of it as my cardio for the day. The truth is that i had to cancel a few appointments, because i had to do chores, but it will get better with a lot of organising and making schedules and lists.
Although the negative lady that has been cleaning our home has left i still have to do a lot of cleansing since i have clients over every day. But it got a lot easier. One of the best ways to do that is adding a bit of salt in the bucket before mopping the house. I just grab a fist full of salt, concentrate on the intent and then i pour it into the bucket. My favourite way of cleansing though is by burning rosemary. The scent is amazing and it makes my spirit soar.But i have to admit that the most effective cleansing is one my mom taught me, that is kinda hard to do. It contains a mix of herbs, a ball of water and every living soul-resident of the home(yes, this includes pets) to stay out of the house for (at least)three days and three nights(last night should preferably be the new moon). The tools in this process are n't as important as the staying away from your house for this small amount of time. My mom used to do it every time before we left for a vacation. My cats though will not enjoy us moving them. So i have never done it in my home. I definitely will one day.
Do you have any similar rituals?

8 comments:

apinkdreamer said...

hi! i always put some lavender in the bucket with the water! i believe in salt too and in holy water!

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

I've always considered incense to be cleansing. and I change the smells according to my moods. Candle lighting brightens the atmosphere as well. But I have to say- just getting rid of the negative lady was the biggest and most important step.

Intuitive Goddess said...

Welcome back!
Negative people... Open the windows, Sage & then try incense...
Plants!!!
Some plants are great because the just absorb those negative vibes...
Rose of Jerico flower is great if you can get it & you can use the water as a floor wash...

Anonymous said...

I missed you :)

I sometimes use salt for cleansing too, but only in the house and for cystals and such. Often I'll use fire (symbolically of course, rather than setting fire to something. If it's something small and it won't be harmed I pass it through a small flame for cleansing. Not really appropriate for the home though hmmm!)

Do you make smudge sticks with rosemary? A post on this would be welcome. I keep telling myself I will try making smudge sticks as they seem so simple to do but for some reason I have this fear that if I do i'll end up setting the place alight when i light them for burning!!

Glad you're back,
Nellie x

Diandra said...

Luckily, most of the major cleaning is left for the BF (vacuuming, mopping, taking the trash out - I do the rest). As for cleansing rituals, that's a bit different - I try to keep a relaxing spiritual atmosphere anyway, and sometimes I will burn sage and lavender in the rooms or renew the energy wards I usually put up around my place. (It helps keep out the spiders and Jehova's witnesses.) Once upon a time I made a powder (the recipe should be in one of my notebookss) which I sometimes use to draw symbols on doors and windows. Of course, these work better if the flat has been cleaned, and that's still something we're working on...

Diandra said...

By the way, is there no possibility of keeping your clients only in one area of the house? Most people I know who meet clients at home have their office in one corner of the house with a separate door...

the wandering broom said...

The energies of a space is so so important! I always feel better after a massive cleaning/organizing. I've been meaning to smudge my apartment for a long time but I don't want to open my windows in fear of mosquitoes entering (I don't have screens on my windows). Last time I opened my window for 5min to catch some rain water and ended up with a dozen mosquitoes and large red bites for the next week!

Magaly Guerrero said...

You know you were missed, but we all feel that way every now and then, so no worries ;-) Not to mention, you make me feel less guilty about my own blogging delinquency.

My favorite way of cleansing is burning a combination of rosemary, lavender and sandalwood. The fumes leave me feeling cleansed, calmed and mildly excited, which is always good for me ;-)